Sunday, January 27, 2008

It Was a Birthday to Remember!

We celebrated Jamie's 28th Birthday on Wednesday, January 23rd! I gave her a quick "on air" wish early in the morning, so early she missed it! Here she is holding a red rose and the card that I gave her.


Here is the story about the rose: I went to Jean and Ken's Flower Shop on my way home and should have know better when there was a sign on the front door that said don't let the cats in when entering! After picking the perfect rose I stood at the counter and waited to check out. You know those moments in life that you think should be in a movie. This was about to happen. Cats were all over the place and one was starring right into my eyes, time seemed to freeze and I kid you not Lionel Richie's Endless Love was playing on the radio and we shared this moment. Then the cat tried to rub up on me but I quickly moved away paid and got out of there! That was the weirdest few moments of my day!

The card was pretty funny too, it was one of those that plays sounds. It was Lili Von Shtupp from Blazing Saddles and it said "Ohh a wed wose, how womantic". We have had several laughs every time we open it! The writing said on the front: A single red rose traditionally means I love you, on the inside: But in this case it means I love you and You're Smokin' hot!, Happy Birthday to a women with lots of Blaze in Her Saddle!


Here is a picture of her old phone and her new one! Jamie had never had a "new" phone before, she always had hand me down phones so this was a big deal! We had it all planned that this would be the only gift for her birthday but after our credit and a mail-in rebate it only cost three dollars! So she also got a phone case, and some lotion to make up the difference. She got some other great gifts from friends and family and is very thankful! I love being able to joke about her being two years older than me, but that will only last for a few more months until late May! Oh and she can receive pictures and texts on her new Chocolate LG!!!



We went to Plaza Tapatia and shared Fajitas for her birthday dinner. Since it was Wednesday night we headed to Church afterword and Jamie helped teach the 5th grade Caravan class. We were excited to find out later in the night that our nephew William Stephen Scott was born! The only thing was that it was the 24th on German time and that is his official birthday not the 23rd so he just missed Aunt Jamie's Birthday by four hours and five minutes.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Randy, it sounds like you had a great time to buying a rose for Jamie for her birthday. Thanks for being a thoughtful husband to a special granddaughter.

William Stephen looks like a beautiful baby. Thank the Lord for his safe arrival and for a healthy baby.

How special that Judy could be there.

I love the humor you put in your blog. Love, Grandma

Anonymous said...

Hey there guys: I love reading all about your eventful lives. Randy you sure know how to treat your wife. I'm sure you had a great teacher and you paid attention well. Have a great week. Look forward to reading your blog each week